[Asterisk-Users] Snom high SIP ping time

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Tue Jun 13 13:24:48 MST 2006

Steve Glaus wrote:
> Mike Hammett wrote:
>> (ICMP) pings were under 1 ms.  No amount of different Asterisk
>> versions or phone firmware revisions seems to solve this.  All was
>> well, then (as far as we know) without changes, it crapped out.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
> I'm having much the same issues only I'm using Cisco 7960 phones. When
> I do a 'sip show peers' I'm getting times in excess of 300ms. A soft
> phone on the same network (x-lite), is reporting times of 4 ms.
> Related to this (I think), I'm getting audio issues. The person being
> called can hear the caller fine but the callee's voice drops in and
> out excessively.
>
> I have qualify set to yes in the sip definitions for all the clients
> (Including the soft phone). Does anyone know what is causing this. I'm
> not aware what the sip ping times were earlier, but the audio issues
> seemed to have started spontaneously.
Do you have any problems when there are a low number of concurrent calls?
Do you ever get any messages saying the phones are unreachable?  Or lagged?
What kind of Internet connection do you have?
Do you have any problems with calls between phones on the same network
(no routers in between)?
What model of switches do you have?
What model of Internet router do you have?