[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Vs SIP cpu load

Mike Lynchfield theclubvoip at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 10:16:41 MST 2006

No way.. im keeping it.. be uptime since.. let me see..

uptime
 13:12:56  up 587 days,  13 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.02, 0.01

i think i got an old sun laying around in the noc that been just compiling
since 1973..

lol nah but i remember the old days when a password leak on our hosting
clients would generate loads of 400-500 and would take around 10 minutes to
type stop httpd

10 chars..

but then again if i cold shut .. would take 21 minutes to reboot..

the darn thing weighted around 50 pounds and was the best thing iv seen as
far as load ocud handle..

that 500 load was around 25000 simult users grabbing web pages..

when we replaced with pentium crap it could handle a load of 10-20 not more.

last uptime on it was 800+ days lol.. soon its 3rd birtday.. never changed a
thing on it..

actually i rebooted it then for moving it.

On 6/13/06, Colin Anderson <ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com> wrote:

>  2002 called. They want their operating system back. :- ) >

Mike
Sales Manager
http://www.theclubvoip.com
Making it happen