[Asterisk-Users] Do I need to store voicemail locally?

John Klimek jklimek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 09:56:02 MST 2006

I'm trying to setup Asterisk on my Linksys WRT54G router but it only
has 4MB of storage (and only about 250KB free with OpenWRT linux
installed).

I'd like to setup voicemail, but I'm afraid I don't have enough
storage on my router.  Can I somehow store this on my VOIP provider?
(eg. BroadVoice)

I was also thinking about mounting an NFS partition to store the
voicemail, but then I'd be dependant upon another device (eg. my
computer) and in case of network traffic perhaps the voicemail would
get choppy, etc.

What options do I have?