[Asterisk-Users] Queues and macros and agents

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jun 13 08:13:11 MST 2006

----- Julian Lyndon-Smith <asterisk at dotr.com> wrote:
> Now, I want to be able to use a device, rather than agents. So I can
> use
> addQueueMember and add my SIP device. However, I still want to do a
> couple of things before the device is called.

This is what the Local channel (chan_local) is for.

If your SIP device is called "myfancyphone", then instead of adding SIP/myfancyphone to the queue using AddQueueMember, add (instead) Local/myfancyphone at members, and then in your dialplan:

[members]
exten => myfancyphone,1,...
exten => myfancyphone,n,...
exten => myfancyphone,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer