[Asterisk-Users] sound quality problem on mISDN

Piotr Chytla pch at packetconsulting.pl
Tue Jun 13 08:54:31 MST 2006

Hi

I've problem with incoming call quality to GSM gateway connected to
beronet card (BN8S0),

   -----> [ GSM Gateway ] -------> [ BN8S0 ]  ==== asterisk

Port connected to GSM gatway is in TE mode , gateway is in NT mode ,
When I dialin to cellphone numer , call goes to 'from-eragsm' context,
to Echo application.

[from-eragsm]
exten => 700,1,Goto(600,1)
exten => 600,1,Answer()
exten => 600,2,Playback(demo-echotest)
exten => 600,n,Echo
exten => 600,n,Playback(demo-echodone)

misdn.conf:

[eragsm-gw]
ports=1ptp
context=from-eragsm
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
dialplan=2
msns=600,700

Everything is good besides call quality, sound is choppy, with lot of
noises, when I tell one , two , three ... test , I hear only three, sometimes more ,

I've already tried to increase rxgain/txgain for this channel , but It
didn't help much. Outgoing call quality is rather normal.

TIA for any help with this.

/pch

--
Dyslexia bug unpatched since 1977 ...
exploit has been leaked to the underground.