[Asterisk-Users] Compiling zaptel on FC5

Steven Ringwald asric at asric.com
Tue Jun 13 07:01:09 MST 2006

J.J. Feminella wrote:
> Are there any generic install guidelines for compiling the Zaptel
> drivers on FC5? This is my first install of Asterisk (and my first FC5
> system) and I'm having a great deal of trouble getting it to
> cooperate. make clean and make are definitely not playing nice,
> telling me that "You don't appear to have the kernel sources
> installed" when I'm pretty sure that I do. Any pointers?

Make sure you have the kernel-devel package installed for the currently
running kernel.
"make ; make install" in the libpri directory (if you need PRI support)
"make linux26; make install" in the zaptel directory
"make ; make install" in the asterisk directory

This is the basic procedure that I follow when I install/upgrade to a
newer version of Zaptel/libpri/Asterisk.

Steve