[Asterisk-Users] Unable to connect to Asterisk? (simple[?] question)

John Klimek jklimek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 05:12:53 MST 2006

Ahhh, that would explain it.  I setup my firewall (eg. Shorewall) to
allow incoming TCP connections to port 5060.  I've changed it to UDP
port 5060 and it works great!  (well, Asterisk says "Forbidden", but
that's just a simple config problem I'm sure)

Which other ports do I need to forward/open to get Asterisk working
properly?  I'm guessing I only need port 5060 open to my local
network...

Do I need any ports open for connections from the internet?  (eg.
incoming connections)