[Asterisk-Users] What is Echo?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Mon Jun 12 23:17:00 MST 2006

On Jun 12, 2006, at 10:04 PM, Crazy Boy wrote:

> Hi Friend,
>
> I heard about this word "echo" very much. Can you please tell me what
> is this "Echo"?

Echo is when you say something and then hear it bounce back to you some
brief time later...

This can be caused by many things, but the most common in my opinion is
cheap handsets and improper volumes.  For example, you say "hello
Ashima" into the phone, it travels across whatever technological
monstrosity lies between you and the called party... When it get they
hear your voice, but if the microphone on there handset hears it too,
you might hear it again coming back to you.

Marty