[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-3000 vs Linksys SPA3000

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Mon Jun 12 19:10:57 MST 2006

The most significant change in the "02" versions of the SPA line is more
memory to handle larger firmware images.

They do not use the same firmware as the non "02" models and will reject
the older images.

As the firmware image evolves it gets larger, and the previous model
will end up being limited to a firmware version based on the current
version (maybe with bug fixes if significant bugs appear?).

I am basing this on information I have received from Cisco, and not
experience with the newer unit. We just received the first shipment and
are testing them.