[Asterisk-Users] Audio cuts out

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Mon Jun 12 19:05:40 MST 2006

We battled this same issue for a couple weeks, at about 30-50
simultaneous recordings the audio would get all screwy.

I looked at that solution but opted for something a little more
passive.  I use orkaudio to sniff rtp streams and mux them.  I have it
to perfect quality, the same as the monitor app in asterisk.  I think it
is a much better solution than ramdisk since it is so passive and puts
no strain or need for additional RAM on the asterisk machine itself.
Let the phone system be a phone system and not a recording device I say.

Best part about the orkaudio project is Henri.  I had audio issues with
orkaudio in the beginning but Henri re-worked his software to eliminate
my problems in a matter of days.  A true credit and great contribution
to opensource software.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro