[Asterisk-Users] TDM Fax Problems

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Mon Jun 12 15:56:02 MST 2006

Thanks Damon, I have now turned off all echo cancelation on both the lines
coming in for fax and the channels to the channel bank that have fax
modems/machines. The fax is clearer, but not as clear as it was prior to *.
I have an error showing up of  WARNING[2465]: chan_zap.c:3925
zt_handle_event: Ring/Off-hook in strange state 6 on channel 55 when the
call is bridged between the fax modem on 6 and the T-1 on 55, or any
combination of ports. Are there any other solutions or possible causes?

On 6/12/06, Damon Estep <damon at suburbanbroadband.net> wrote:

>  Turn off echo can for those calls.

> *Subject:* [Asterisk-Users] TDM Fax Problems
>

> I am running into errors in faxes received by my * server that I route to
> fax machines on a channel bank. I have a channelized T-1 coming in and I
> take certain channels and transfer them to channels on my channel bank. The
> T-1 and channel bank are on a Sangoma A104D 4 port with echo canceling. The
> faxes tend to have problems with sections of the transmission getting
> garbled or lost. Does anyone have any information on why this might be
> happening or how to fix it?
>
> --
> Bruce
> Nortex Networks