[Asterisk-Users] Fun with Echo

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 14:55:54 MST 2006

This ALL pretty much depends on YOUR particular install because the loop
length and signal level to your local exchange will vary from site to site.

Believe me, you can drive yourself insane trying to come up with some
magical formula that JUST works because it usually won't happen that way.
Software echo cancellers are simply not good enough for many situations.

You can try get away with it and you may be successful sometimes.  IMHO a
good project plan should ALWAYS make sure there is a bit extra in the budget
to add a good hardware echo can if required.  I personally don't want the
headaches anymore and just include hardware echo can all the time.  Most
good ones do other things like clear up the sound quality as well.  It's
just a more professional way to go no matter how you look at it.