[Asterisk-Users] TTS engine query

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Jun 12 12:02:03 MST 2006

Doug Crompton wrote:
> Ok Thanks. I just registered 'Diane' also. She seemed to have the best
> voice. I am curious if you added the Cepstral app or used the festival
> method described in the Cepstral FAQ. I recompiled with Cepstral app and
> saw that later. App seems to work fine here.

I'm playing around with both.

Top reports around a 10% CPU usage when the app_cepstral is running, I
can just imagine with it would do to a system with say, 10 calls.
Currently, I'm in a discovery phase.  I'm going to try to figure out how
to pull data from an SQL database on an iSeries AS/400 and have Diane
read the results back.  But, I now have to read up on AGI.

I've also used the swift application to convert whole documents with
good results.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: