[Asterisk-Users] spa3102 vs spa3000 differences?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Jun 12 07:38:52 MST 2006

On the spa3000 the firmware version seems to greatly effect the echo. Mine
came with 2.x firmware which was fine, I upgraded to (latest) 3.1.10d and
it was horrible. I then downgraded to 3.1.3a and it was OK, but not as
good a 2.x version. The reason I upgraded in the first place was to allow
FXO calls to be passed but not answered, which was not a 2.x feature.

It seems that any firmware is usable on any hardware as my hardware is
2.x. I wonder if 3102 firmware could be used on the 3000. Is the size the
same? I guess you would have to be willing to make a brick to find out!

Doug

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Rich Adamson wrote:

> Nabeel Jafferali wrote:
> >> Anyone know what the differences are between the spa3000 and
> >> spa3102 other then packaging?
> >
> > The SPA3102 has a built-in router (LAN + WAN), T.38 on the FXS port and can
> > handle dual G.729 sessions.
>
> Has there been any improvements in the echo cancellation functions
> associated with the fxo port?
>
> R.

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *