[Asterisk-Users] Linksys PAP2T-NA - call goes through but phone doesn't ring

Andre Ruiz andre.ruiz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 08:17:52 MST 2006

I had a bunch of PSP2-NA devices with firmware 3.x that did that.
Downgrading to 2.0.13 solved the problem. Others said that the last
3.x would do also, but after putting out hundreds of PAP2 with 2.x and
they all working rock solid, I'm not willing to switch to 3.x until I
have tested it enough (which I havent).

The problematic 3.x firmwares would also make some of the PAP2 reboot
when receiving a call. As soon as you call the extension, it flashes
red the power led and reboot (you can see it grabbing a new IP on the
network). This is also solved when downgrading.

Interestingly enough, some of them work well with that same firmware.
I have not yet made a relation (maybe hardware version, I don't know)

andre

On 6/8/06, James Moore <banshee at banshee.com> wrote:
> I'm trying out a Linksys PAP2T-NA.  Calling out works great, no problems
> there.  Calling in, though, the phone doesn't ring.  Caller ID shows up, I
> can pick up the phone, and the call is connected, but no ring.  I've tried
> it on two analog phones, same behavior.  Suggestions?
>
> Asterisk SVN-branch-1.2-r31555.
>
>  - James Moore

Andre Ruiz  <andre.ruiz at gmail.com>
Curitiba, PR, Brasil