[Asterisk-Users] asterisk-1.2.9.1

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Sun Jun 11 05:50:18 MST 2006

amna saleem wrote:
> hi !
> i have installed asterisk-1.2.9.1
> but am unable to run it
> i am getting this error
>
> "[pbx_wilcalu.so]Jun 11 16:43:00 WARNING[8968]: loader.c:325
> __load_resource: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/pbx_wilcalu.so: undefined
> symbol: ast_pthread_create
> Jun 11 16:43:00 WARNING[8968]: loader.c:554 load_modules: Loading
> module pbx_wilcalu.so failed!"
> can anyone help me
>
> i have redhat linux enterprise
> zaptel version 1.2.6
> libpri version 1.2.3
>
> what am i missing here?
I know it sounds daft, but could it be a module that was compiled as
part of a previous install of asterisk and wasn't overwritten/deleted
and is being autoloaded (or directly loaded)?

It's not a standard module (afaik) anymore, and certainly hasn't been
compiled with the versions I'm running.

If it's for a particular card, you may need to recompile the module
yourself from their driver source.

If you don't know what it's used for, I'd move it out of
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules, and see what happens/doesn't happen.

Usually when you update asterisk, at the end of the make-install it will
give you a list of modules that are in the modules directory that it
hasn't placed there, if it does that they are usually worth looking at.