[Asterisk-Users] to china: good voip service providers?

John Morris asterisk at butchwax.com
Sun Jun 11 04:23:31 MST 2006

Dear list,

I've been looking for a voip service provider with inexpensive and high-
quality call service to China.  However, the providers I've tried
(voipjet, exgn, voxee) all have long to super-long latencies on calls to
China.

Has anyone found a service with good connections to China?  Please
share!

	John

PS:  I'm trying out this 'didww.com' service for the first time for
Chinese DIDs.  The website is terrible and makes setup confusing, and on
first try, it sounds like I'm getting some dropped packets.  However,
the service was very fast to set up (once I figured out how to add the
Asterisk username/passwd on the website), and I do now have a semi-
working DID in Shenzhen!  (Am having trouble passing DTMF, though....)
This is the second service I've found with inexpensive, asterisk-
compatible Chinese DIDs after ctcvoip, which is extremely unreliable (as
in:  simply stops working for days on end).