[Asterisk-Users] Question setting up a "bat phone" extension.

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Sun Jun 11 03:52:56 MST 2006

> James Harper wrote:
> > Easy to do on the Linksys PAP2, if that helps. The functionality
> > probably depends on the make and model of the phone... maybe if you
gave
> > those details as well?
> >
> > James
> >
> Fantastic, this may solve the problem In the mail I've just posted
> (which hasnt' appeared yet).
> I don't remember seeing this function in a PAP2, is it fairly trivial
> set up?

My dialplan in the pap2 is:

(<:0>S0)

Which causes it to dial a '0' to asterisk as soon as I gets picked up.
In my asterisk dialplan it then does a DISA to another context, which
means Asterisk is doing all the dialplan stuff. For what I want in a
dialplan, I could have configured it in the pap2 but I didn't want to
learn it. I think I'm at that age where everything new I learn means
something else gets overwritten :)

My extensions.conf looks like:
[pap2_in]
exten => 0,1,Answer
exten => 0,n,DISA(no-password|internal)
exten => t,1,Congestion()

Ideally I would have liked the pap2 to have done the same as 'immediate'
when talking about fxo, capi, misdn, etc, but I couldn't get it to
automatically dial nothing. A '0' was the best I could do. If anyone
knows how to put it into immediate mode to come into asterisk as an 's'
extension, I'd love to hear about it!

> Will I need a particular firmware version?

Not sure. I'm using 3.1.3(LS), but if I remember correctly I had this
working on a prior firmware too...

Good luck.

James