[Asterisk-Users] logrotate and logger reload

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 21:51:02 MST 2006

I ran into the strange problem that a totally non-asterisk log went
over the 2GB limit (yes, still using 32-bit OS) so the system sent a
SIGXFSZ signal.  Even though it wasn't an asterisk log, asterisk
responded to the signal and went into the "log rotation loop" anyway.
I killed logging on the offending process, removed the oversized log
file, and all was well.