[Asterisk-Users] H.264 and Motorola Ojo

Nicholas Kathmann nicholas.kathmann at kathmannconsulting.com
Sat Jun 10 17:37:13 MST 2006

We purchased several Ojos a couple weeks ago and are about to send them
back.  There is no documentation about using them with systems other
than the Motorola Ojo service.  When you call their technical support
line, they can't help you, but will put you in touch with someone in
sales to discuss.  I finally went all the way to the VP of sales who put
me in touch with one of Worldgate's (the company that makes the Ojos)
tech support engineers.  As it appears, all of the Ojos are set to ONLY
use their service, and will require that they allow you certain access
to their servers to change settings on the Ojo.  This included settings
such as SIP server, etc.  After that I was informed that I would need to
talk to the VP of sales to discuss opening that, and am still awaiting
his call.

The tech support engineer did tell me that later revisions will be user
configurable with DHCP options, etc, but the existing ones are not.
I'll buy them again when they do open support for that.

Thanks,
Nicholas Kathmann, CISSP
Kathmann Consulting, LLC