[Asterisk-Users] ADSL modem, TDM400P, zaptel and not hanging up

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Sat Jun 10 06:43:19 MST 2006

I have an asterisk 1.2.9.1 machine with zaptel 1.2.6 running.

On the TDM400P, I have 1 FXS port and 3 FXO ports.

dmesg reveals:

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Zaptel Version: 1.2.6 Echo Canceller: KB1
PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 01:01.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 01:05.0
Freshmaker version: 73
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (UK mode)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (UK mode)
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (UK mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (4 modules)
Registered tone zone 4 (United Kingdom)

note: I only just noticed that it is sharing an IRQ, I will look into that
later. (which btw. seems to be with lots of devices including a RAID
controller).

The problem I'm having with one of the FXO ports, is if it is connected
directly to the line, everything works fine (excluding callerid), but the
ADSL modem on the line doesn't.

If I plug it through an ADSL filter, the line no-longer detects hang ups.

Also CallerID isn't working on any of the three lines (a bit less
important atm.)

Have I provided enough information?

Can anybody help with this?

TIA for any help with this matter.