[Asterisk-Users] Bullet-proof FXO?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Jun 10 02:15:44 MST 2006

Paul Dugas wrote:
> Been using a few different FXO interfaces (X100P, Voicetronix, and
> SPA-3000) at a couple sites and they've all run into nasty issues at
> times.  I'm looking at moving one of my offices and am in the market for
> a solution for connecting 4 FXOs.  I got excited about recent offerings
> from Digium and Sangoma in the way of new cards but I hear they're
> causing troubles for more than a few.  What's the Cadillac in this
> market?

Haven't seen an affordable Cadillac, but have been using the sangoma
A200D with no problems whatsoever for about four months.

I've got a TDM2400 here to be tested (since we have somewhat unusual
pstn lines), but haven't had time to install it as yet. We've also had
the TDM04B in use for about two years, but still have less then ideal
voice quality due to small amounts of echo at random times.

I too have gone through the spa3k, 488, mediatrix 1204, and others but
have not found the Cadillac as yet. The mediatrix produced the best
audio quality, but at the time I tested it, it had lots of other less
then desirable "features". Some of those "features" have since been
corrected based on what others have said.

As of right now, I'd consider the A200D as the closest to being a
Cadillac since its h/w ec works very well (on our pstn lines), and it
supports analog modems (fax machine) "if" the A200D has both an fxo and
fxs module on it.