[Asterisk-Users] VGSM Trouble: Kind people, help me please...

Tigran Kocharyan tigran_k at nerdshack.com
Fri Jun 9 22:24:51 MST 2006

Dear Forum Members,
I just purchased two VoiSmart GSM cards. Tried to install one of them on
my Fedora Core 5 system, The compilation was not smooth, as expected,
but after a small fix, it went through.
Then I put two SIM cards in the card's slots.
Then I loaded the modules.
Then I started the Asterisk.
After all I configured the vgsm.conf file according to my settings, that
is just changed the slot numbers where I installed the SIM cards.
Now, while the Asterisk reloads, it gives me this Error:

 >Jun 10 01:12:44 ERROR[5309]: chan_vgsm.c:3960 vgsm_module_codec_init:
 >ioctl(IOC_CODEC_SET, RESET) failed: Bad file descriptor

Well, the Asterisk command "show vgsm interfaces" gives out this output:

localhost*CLI> show vgsm interfaces
wind    : NO_NET
         NOT_REGISTERED
vodafone: FAILED
         NOT_SEARCHING

As a matter of fact, I followed the instructions on rarely found
documentation on VoiSmart's GSM cards, at
http://open.voismart.it/index.php/VGSM
Are there any people that purchased those GSM cards and configured
successfully or I'm the only one to struggle against this trouble?
Any hint is highly appreciated, as I guess I'm totally lost!

Kind Regards,
Hohenzolern