[Asterisk-Users] Database file to copy for active sessions.

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Jun 9 10:53:14 MST 2006

Two solutions...

1. Set OpenSER to to receive registrations from phones. OpenSER 'fans out' the registrations to multiple Asterisk boxes with the send() command. This will break things like call transfer however unless you can guarantee that a transferred call goes back to the same Asterisk box.

2. Write a script that either reads the /var/lib/asterisk/astdb file directly (with DB module), or screen scrapes it with 'asterisk -rx sip show peers'. Pass the registration info to sipsak who sends the registrations to the other Asterisk boxes. Because the registrations come through the normal channels, Asterisk will update what's in memory and what's in astdb with no locking situations.

Unfortunately this 'enterprise grade' software doesn't work well in a clustered environment.

Doug.