[Asterisk-Users] Fun with Echo

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 04:15:34 MST 2006

On 6/8/06, Brian Swan <swannie at swannie.net> wrote:
[snip]

> I've followed the numerous suggestions in the mailing list archives
> which is what has enabled me to get this far.  After trying all the
> echo cancelers, and all the settings on each I settled on:
>
> - KB1 (with AGGRESSIVE_SUPRESSOR)
> - echocancel=128
> - echotraining=600
> - rxgain=0
> - txgain=0

[snip]

My personal preference, which works best in the most places is:

- MG2 (with default DEFINEs, no aggressive etc)
- echocancel=yes
- echotraining=yes
- rxgain=0
- txgain=0

Although in some cases:
- rxgain=-0.3
- txgain=-0.3
seems to help a tiny bit.

The MG2 canceller made a HUGE difference to our success rate in
removing echo, I do not rate the updates to MG2 that are in trunk, but
the released version (1.2.6) is excellent.