[Asterisk-Users] increase the volume ?

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 02:44:41 MST 2006

Noc Phibee ha scritto:

> anyone have a answer at this question ?????

I'm pretty sure the answer is "you can't", it makes sense to adjust the
gain only where the A/D magic occurs, so you have to tweak your ATAs,
you can set levels in asterisk configs only when configuring devices,
like in zapata.conf, but no "general volume" setting exists.

I'll anyway be the first interested in a patch allowing to adjust the
volume, maybe even realtime, that's because when you route international
calls you have to consider different "human gains". For example chinese
speaks with very low voice and sud-american shouts quite always ...