[Asterisk-Users] Sip transfer, Sip on hold

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jun 9 01:52:40 MST 2006

9 jun 2006 kl. 10.18 skrev Nicola Pascelupo:

> Hi everybody, sorry for my english but i'm italian and i don't know it
> very well.
> I'm trying to do a java-program to traduce and notify asterisk
> events to
> a Tapi program.
> I've a problem with call trasfer.
> When i transfer a sip user i would like to put his line on hold but i
> can't do it. He listen the music on hold but his state is connected
> and
> not Hold.

At this point, the SIP channel and Asterisk does never put a phone
on hold, we play music on hold music. We discussed this at a recent
developer meeting and are looking to implement a way to set an option
per device whether you want to play music or actually signal hold status
to the other end.

Right now, the other end will never know that it's on hold, it just
gets another
audio stream and merrily continues the call.

/Olle
---
* Olle E. Johansson - oej at edvina.net
* Asterisk Training http://edvina.net/training/