[Asterisk-Users] Sending Fax on local host using IAXmodem

sanchal.singh at alliance-infotech.com sanchal.singh at alliance-infotech.com
Thu Jun 8 22:24:26 MST 2006

Hi,

I am in a problem. Can anybody help me out.

I have established connection using hyperterminal through IAXsoft modem
using asterisk PBX. I have done the following settings in the
configuraion files of asterisk.

1) iax.conf file:

	[iaxmodem]
		type=friend
		;username=iaxmodem
		;secret=n19d19
		host=dynamic
		qualify=yes
		;trunk=yes
		;context=in-fax
		disallow=all
		allow=ulaw
		allow=alaw
		allow=gsm

	[iaxmodem1]
		type=friend ;type=peer
		;username=iaxmodem
		;secret=n19d19
		host=dynamic
		qualify=yes
		;trunk=yes
		;context=in-fax ;not required
		allow=ulaw
		allow=alaw
		allow=gsm

2)extensions.conf file

	exten => 12,1,Dial(IAX2/iaxmodem1)
	//for dialing to modem2 with extension number 12 through modem1 using
hyperterminal

3) created ttyIAX0 and ttyIAX1 file in path /etc/iaxmodem

	ttyIAX0 file:
		device /dev/ttyIAX0
		owner uucp:uucp
		mode 660
		port 4571
		refresh 100
		server 127.0.0.1
		peername iaxmodem
		secret password
		#Cidname John0
		#Cidnumber 8005551212
		codec slinear

	ttyIAX1 file:

		device /dev/ttyIAX1
		owner sanchal:uucp
		mode 660
		port 4572
		refresh 300
		server 127.0.0.1
		peername iaxmodem1
		#secret password
		cidname John2
		cidnumber 8005551231
		codec slinear

4)Now using hyper terminal send atdt12 from one side it sends ring to
other side . On replying ATA from other side, it sends connect but not
in accordance with class1 format.

	Client 			OtherEnd
    at+fclass=1 -->		 <--  at+fclass=1
	OK <--		       --> OK
	atdt12 --> 		  --> ring

	connect <-- 		<--  ATA
				     --> connect
	OK      <--
	NOCARRIER <-- 	       -->  ERROR

NOTE - after connect till I put CSIFrame Data and DSI Frame DATA from
other end connection continues to live. After <dle><etx> and enter it
shows ERROR on on Other end, and, first OK then NOCARRIER on client end.

Can anybody tell me how to proceed further to transfer a file after
establishing a successful connection.

Regards
sanchal