[Asterisk-Users] hangup lag causing the answering of already answered calls

undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com
Thu Jun 8 21:54:46 MST 2006

So, your dialplan for that incoming call is just the one line?

exten =>
s,1,Dial(IAX2/carey)

Nothing else?  Try adding a Hangup command on the
next priority and see if that helps any.

exten => s,2,Hangup

If you
already have a Hangup command in there, then I apologize for wasting your
time.  :)

Undrhil

--- Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com wrote:
I have a TDM-400P with one FXO module.
On an incoming call, I have set
> Asterisk to dial my phone (exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/carey)),
which is
> basically the only thing in my dialplan.
>
> When the call
is answered by the PSTN phone first, or when the ringing
> call is hung up,
Asterisk keeps ringing for 5+ seconds, which causes
> trouble (the answering
of already answered calls).

> I noticed in the Asterisk console that
my phone is called twice every
> time there is an incoming call. Is this
normal, and could it be causing
> this behaviour?
>
> If not, any ideas
as to what could be causing this? I can provide full
> debug logs and my
relevant configuration if needed.

> Console log:
>
>     -- Starting
simple switch on 'Zap/4-1'
>     -- Executing Dial("Zap/4-1", "IAX2/carey")
in new stack
>     -- Called carey
>     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/4-1'

>     -- Executing Dial("Zap/4-1", "IAX2/carey") in new stack
>     -- Called
carey
>     -- Call accepted by 10.0.12.102 (format ulaw)
>     -- Format
for call is ulaw
>     -- Call accepted by 10.0.12.102 (format ulaw)

   -- Format for call is ulaw
>     -- IAX2/carey-1 is ringing
>     --
IAX2/carey-1 is ringing
>     -- Hungup 'IAX2/carey-1'
>   == Spawn extension
(incoming, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/4-1'