[Asterisk-Users] What does RELAXDTMF do?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Jun 8 19:00:57 MST 2006

I think he clearly states at the end of his message that he is using the
SPA-3000.....

I have not seen any information that clearly defines the purpose of
the relaxdtmf parameter in the sip.conf file, and wondering of
flicking it from yes to no will have an impact, and if so what sort
of impact will it have?

Redhat FC4 + updates
Asterisk v1.2.9.1
SNOM v6.0.3 beta
SPA3000 v3.1.10d

Doug

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Martin Joseph wrote:

> Doug,
>
> DTMF in a complex environment like this can break for many reasons.
>
> Please don't generalize your problem onto other people.  He didn't say
> he was using the Sipura 3000 so we don't know for sure what his issue
> is.
>
> I am only saying this due to my own limited experience and how many
> ways I have found to break DTMF ;~)
>
> Marty

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *