[Asterisk-Users] Question about SIP or IAX2 or both for Asterisk.

Sharon Lim limleechin2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 18:21:15 MST 2006

Hi there,

SIP more commanly used and it is a openstandard. Meanwhile IAX2 is a
protocol on asterisk. I dont think it will effect the cpu resources cause
they are bid with the same codecs like G711 and etc..so if you used SIP or
IAX2 it also refer to the same codecs...so dont think it will take a lots of
cpu resources.

Correct me if i am wrong. Thanks. Have a nice day!