[Asterisk-Users] Two FXO Astralis X101P cards in older PC?

Fred codecomplete at free.fr
Thu Jun 8 13:00:42 MST 2006

Hello

	I'm using an older PC from 2000 that we have lying around at the office to
learn about Asterisk using Pound Key 1.0.1
(http://www.rpath.org/rbuilder/project/asterisk/). It's using an AMD Duron
600MHz, a Gigabyte GA-7ZX motherboard, and two FXO Astralis X101P clones
that I bought through eBay.

Here are the three issues I have. Sorry, forgot the floppy with dmesg,
lspci, and /var/log/asterisk/messages at the office :-(

1. it seems like FXO card #1 shares its IRQ with the PCI Ethernet card
(with no error message), while card #2 uses its own IRQ but still can't be
initialized properly (DAA with error -5) : I didn't find any way in the
BIOS to assign an IRQ to a PCI card. Can you confirm that this card is way
too old, and I should find a more recent PC with a more decent motherboard?

2. how should I write the configuration files to handle two FXO cards?
Here's what I did, but I doubt it's kosher:

------------ /etc/zaptel.conf --------------
fxsks=1
fxsks=2
loadzone=fr
defaultzone=fr

---------------- /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf -----------
[trunkgroups]

[channels]
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes
context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1
channel => 2

-------------------- /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf ----------------------
[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer( )
exten => s,2,Echo( )

3. How can I tell Grub to use "pci=noapci" to see if that solves the issue
with the FXO cards?

Thank you
Fred.