[Asterisk-Users] FreePBX 2.1.0: Manually rewriting extensions_additional.conf

Lachek Butalek lachek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 11:25:44 MST 2006

Yes, I have learned my lesson and now know to add code to _custom
instead of _additional. I also realize I can manually update the MySQL
database. However, that does not solve my problem - FreePBX is
updating the MySQL database fine, and it appears as if all my changes
are sticking, until I actually look at the extensions_additional.conf
file and realize no changes have been committed at all. In fact, the
timestamp on the file hasn't even changed from when I made my manual
edit.

My question is, is there a way to forcibly tell FreePBX to dump all
its MySQL database configuration settings into the /etc/asterisk files
even if they have been manually modified? If FreePBX does this by
default (overwriting any custom changes to the _additional files) then
where might I start looking for the reason it's not doing it?

Thanks.