[Asterisk-Users] dial pattern

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 08:24:21 MST 2006

On 6/8/06, hgaillac-sip at yahoo.fr <hgaillac-sip at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I have to dial prefix 9 for non local numbers however
> when i missed calls  i Can't redial this number
> because of "9" is not append .
> I use polycom phones .
> What Can i do ?

My preferred answer to this question is to not use a '9' prefix. This
is a throwback to old analogue systems which needed the user to
identify that a call was external because internal and external
numbers could overlap to some degree. With a well designed modern
digital system, this is usually not the case.

Another method is to prefix any non-local callerID numbers with a '9'
before Dial()ing the user, so that they are presented with the
extended version of the number. The VoIP wiki has details of setting
Caller ID in different versions of Asterisk.

Hope that helps,
Steve