[Asterisk-Users] chan-capi and dtmf

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Jun 8 07:39:23 MST 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Esteban Guana-Jarrin wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm having a problem with detecting incoming dtmf tones with chan_capi, using
> an AVM Fritz card. I have set up softdtmf and relaxdtmf, both to 0, expecting
> that the capi module will detect the tones, but it did not. I also set both to
> 1, expecting that the asterisk dsp functions will detect them but it did not
> either.
>
> Can anyone provide any ideas how to overcome this issue?

CAPI itself cannot detect DTMF. If the CAPI card driver reports that it can
detect DTMF, then chan-capi will activate that function automatically. You
can verify that when calling tool capiinfo on the shell, but I don't know if
AVM Fritz can do that.

When you set softdtmf/relaxdtmf, then the voice stream is just sent to
Asterisk for dsp processing. If this does not work, I don't have any idea.

Armin