[Asterisk-Users] RSA Signature (key ***) failed

Michele Bendazzoli mickymouse at mickymouse.it
Thu Jun 8 07:12:38 MST 2006

In a dual server configuration one of the two servers fail with:
 WARNING[3705]: res_crypto.c:335 __ast_sign_bin: RSA Signature (key
sintel-voip) failed
 NOTICE[3705]: chan_iax2.c:5187 authenticate: Unable to sign challenge
withy key
 WARNING[3705]: chan_iax2.c:7191 socket_read: I don't know how to
authenticate sintel-user to 10.27.33.1

We use the rsa authenticatio: in the server A (mickymouse) we have
generated a two pair of key sintel-voip, while in the server B we have
generated a pair of keys mickymouse-voip.

What is strange is that the two configurations are exactly simmetric,
but only one of the two server fail to call the internal phone of the
simmetric asterisk server. What is more ever strange is that if I
replace the authenticate mode with md5 in [sintel-user] and
[mickymouse-peer] sections below, (and the correponding dial command),
all works fine!

Here is an extract from the server A (mickymouse)
iax.conf:
[sintel-peer]
type=peer
host=192.168.100.1
auth=rsa
qualify=yes

[sintel-user]
type=user
auth=rsa
inkeys=sintel-voip
context=sintel-int
qualify=yes

extensions.conf:
[voip_outcoming]
exten =>
_2.,1,Macro(callout,IAX2/mickymouse-user:[mickymouse-voip]@sintel-peer:4569/${EXTEN}@mickymouse-int)

[macro-callout]
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1},60,jtTwW)
exten => s,2,Hangup

exten => s,102,Answer
exten => s,103,Playtones(busy)

exten => s,202,Answer
exten => s,203,Wait(1)
exten => s,204,Playback(privacy-incorrect)
exten => s,205,Wait(10)
exten => s,206,Hangup

[sintel-int]
exten => _4.,1,Macro(callout,SIP/${EXTEN})

Here is the extract from the server B (sintel):
iax.conf:
[mickymouse-peer]
type=peer
host=10.27.33.1