[Asterisk-Users] Quad T1 Card

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 8 07:03:42 MST 2006

----- Matt Florell <astmattf at gmail.com> wrote:

> fixed within a couple weeks and the Digium side being fixed by having
> to manually disable the hardware DTMF detection in the wct4xxp.c
> driver code every time I upgrade zaptel.

This is no longer needed (editing the source); there is a module parameter that can be used to control this functionality as well, so you can place it into /etc/modprobe.d/matts-power-rules and it will take effect on each module load :-)

> Is has a configurable tail length and is capable of dynamically being
> turned on and off as needed by it's firmware. The Digium card uses an
> Oki chipset that has a smaller echo tail length and is hard-coded
> into
> the firmware so you cannot change it.

Small correction: the first generation VPM chips were manufactured by Oki, the current ones are manufactured at another facility... but neither of those companies designed them.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer