[Asterisk-Users] "I can hear them but they can't hear me" with VoipBuster

rdquiterio.si at cenfim.pt rdquiterio.si at cenfim.pt
Thu Jun 8 03:35:17 MST 2006

Hi;

When connecting via VoipBuster or VoipStunt, "I can hear them but they can't hear me" . This happens with VoipBuster or Voipstunt. Registration is done correctly.

I thought it could be something related to NAT, but I don't have this problem when using VoipUser or Asterisk2PSTN, for example.

I tried with different codecs: gsm, alaw and ulaw but no change.

So, now I suppose VoipBuster must be blocking something.

My tests were made with calls to several landlines in Portugal, which are currently "free calls".

I am using full cone nat at my PIX.

Can anyone give me an explanation of what may justify it or a possible solution

my sip.conf

[vpb]
type=peer
secret=xxxx
username=xxxxx
fromuser=xxxxx
host=sip1.voipbuster.com
fromdomain= sip1.voipbuster.com
insecure=very
canredirect=no
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
nat=yes
qualify=no
context=internal
externip=my.public.ip.address
localnet=my.local.ip.address /my.local.subnet.mask

Many thanks!

Rafael