[Asterisk-Users] Re: GXP-2000 (steer clear)

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 14:06:42 MST 2006

Mimmus wrote:
>> * Mimmus <dviggiani at tiscali.it> [07-06-06 16:52]:
>>
>>> At first, I tried some chinese phones (AtCom) and they were
>>>
>> a disaster.
>>
>> you talking ybout this phone?
>> http://iaxtalk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2
>>
> Yes
>
> DV

I've been using some of the cheaper version (320-EE, basically the same
but with only 1 network port) and I think it's fair to say that they
haven't been all that bad, the IAX firmware is a bit buggy (attended
transfers don't work) and the speed dial keys are a waste of space, but
for £30, I think they are a decent bit of kit.

Mind you, looking at the earlier firmwares, the phones look like they
have got a lot better and it is the only phone I know where you can
download the source to the firmware.

It's basically a case of, for less than half the price of a GXP 2000 it
feels solid, it isn't as fully featured (things like no headset port,
and no backlight on the generally clear but lower resolution display,
you need to pay a bit more for a PoE version and/or a version with 2
network ports).

I personally think they are well worth the money, although that's mainly
because it's such a small amount.