[Asterisk-Users] Unlock / install of Cisco 7940 IP Phone ?

Mateo Meier ich at mateo.ch
Wed Jun 7 14:02:30 MST 2006

Hello Guys,

I just got my new Cisco 7940* IP Phone

Unfortunately I can't find out how to setup this phone.
Am I really that stupid ;-) ? I've read the Cisco Manuel, but everything I
tried did not help anything.

1.	When I turn on the phone it will display "Configuring
VLAN....Configuring IP".. This message will not disappear.

2.	I can see that the phone has a local IP. I can also access the IP
over my LAN with http (only http, telnet does not work)

3	My Main menu will this show " Configuring VLAN....Configuring IP".."
But if I click on settings, network settings it will show me the local IP of
the phone

Now, my question, what do I do wrong ? how can I get that phone installed
with a sip image ?

I tried to unlock the phone with **# but that does not do anything.
Also, there is no unlock function in the phone menu (phone settings)

This is a new Cisco phone, no sip image on it.

Thank you for the help

Matt