[Asterisk-Users] CLI comand to register softphones without close them:

Shenen Shenen shenenx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 05:12:34 MST 2006

Hi;I've a question:
I use asterisk -R so I can see what's appening in my asterisk and the
session of the calls:
I use the vrrp protocol, I use 2 asterisk box;when the master falls down,
the slave goes up, and I use X-lite,Phoner,3CXphone;some of this softphones
are immediately registered to the slave, but sometimes this don't
happen;I must close the softphone from my xp and restart them,and then in
the CLI interface I can see that the softphone are restistered in this way:

 Verbosity is at least 3
    -- Registered SIP '651' at 192.168.251.10 port 5060 expires 900
    -- Registered SIP '650' at 192.168.251.10 port 5061 expires 1800
    -- Registered SIP '655' at 192.168.251.10 port 3571 expires 900
and then they are ok and I can call.

If I use the "restart now" command or "reload" in the CLI of the slave,
asterisk don't see that the softphones are up, I must close the softphones
and restart them.
How can I reload the softphones, without restart them?
THANKS,
Emanuele