[Asterisk-Users] Delay on calls

Marnus van Niekerk m at mjvn.net
Wed Jun 7 04:08:08 MST 2006

Hi,

I have a 1.2.4 * box with two HFC modems using chan_modem_i4l and
several SIP phones and ATA's.

We have a terrible delay on calls between the PSTN (isdn BRI) and the
SIP phones.  All internal calls are fine.  My first thought was that the
transcoding could cause the delay but all of the SIP phones default to
ulaw so there should not be any transcoding needed.
I also checked the load on the server and it is well below 10% cpu
utilisation and load average of below 1.

The same setup on two other servers works fine.

I do not even know where to start looking - any suggestions will be
appreciated.

Thank you

Marnus van Niekerk

--

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is
dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Thomas Alva Edison - Inventor of 1093 patents,
including the light bulb, phonogram and motion pictures.