[Asterisk-Users] A@H / Trixbox Question

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Tue Jun 6 22:50:46 MST 2006

> The installation of CentOS is sufficient to support TrixBox, but you
can
> always add additional packages using yum.

If you download the iso and view it then you can see which packages
Trixbox loads by default.  On the CD or in the iso file find this
directory:

/CentOS/RPMS/

In it are all of the packages that Trixbox installs during the CentOS
installation.  Afterward, the Trixbox install process runs the script
install.sh - open it up and you'll see a line that says

yum -y install alsa-utils audiofile-devel bison <etc.>

That will give you the list of packages that Trixbox will start with.  I
would recommend starting with the Trixbox install and then adding what
you need.  It is much easier (IMO) and keeps things clean.  One package
that I add immediately is samba-client.i386 - I need to communicate with
several Samba servers right after a new install, so I just do:

yum install samba-client.i386

All done!  If you know which packages you want to add you can manually
yum them one at a time, or you could write a script with a line like the
one in install.sh.  Personally, I modified the install.sh script, added
a few other goodies, created a new iso file and burned a brand new CD
that installs Trixbox with my customizations.  This is useful for
creating a backup as well.  I keep a copy of my *conf files on another
server, and after the Trixbox install I have a script go grab them and
put them in /etc/asterisk.  Very convenient for those of us who'd rather
write Perl and shell scripts than manually copy a bunch of files all
over the place.

HtH!

-MC