[Asterisk-Users] DTMF feedthru again...

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Tue Jun 6 19:59:24 MST 2006

On Jun 6, 2006, at 4:15 PM, Doug Crompton wrote:

> Ok well I am not crazy! This seems like such an important issue I am
> not
> sure why it has lasted for so long. DTMF is the backbone of everything
> we
> do here. Without it we would not have calls!! At least get the DTMF
> stuff
> right. I feel a little guilty complaining since this is free but it is
> also used in some high level demanding situations (not mine) and thus
> is
> not a trivial issue.

Actually I don't think this issue is exactly as it seems.  I have also
seem the issue you are describing.  But at the same time on the same
server I have other ATA's connected that are using RFC2833 and they
function properly (ie DTMF words AOK).

I think the * VM issue is actually with the SIP info method for DTMF,
not inband.

Another though I have is that if you are calling from the FXS through
the FXO on your SPA3000 (whem lot of contractions), shouldn't you be
able to reinvite and get * out of the media path entirely?  If the DTMF
still fails it's not Asterisks fault.

I do also have an issue with RFC2833 not working properly on one ATA
(wellgate 3701a),  but I kind of presume that to be wellgates
implementation issue.

I would think that if this DTMF issue was as plainly obvious as this
thread suggests it would have been fixed long ago?  I hope?

Marty