[Asterisk-Users] DTMF feedthru again...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jun 6 19:11:17 MST 2006

----- Doug Crompton <doug at crompton.com> wrote:

> I just wish that Digium would have made a statement saying they are
> aware
> of the problem and are working on it. I did kind of dig that out of
> the
> Digium archives but it seems to have ended back in March. If the

We have done exactly that. It is being worked on, and Asterisk 1.4 will have a vastly improved RFC-2833 implementation. However, for most people (90% or more), the existing implementation works just fine and they have no complaints.

The problem you mentioned regarding pressing single keys that are lead-ins to feature codes is something separate, and may very well be a legitimate bug. I've just reviewed the code in Asterisk 1.2.x and it appears to do the right then when a feature DTMF sequence 'times out' and is not completed (that is, it sends the already-pressed DTMF digits to the other party), but if you can reproduce the problem and provide a complete console trace please feel free to open a bug on bugs.digium.com.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer