[Asterisk-Users] DTMF feedthru again...

Nick Hoffman nick.hoffman at altcall.com
Tue Jun 6 17:22:28 MST 2006

On Wed June 7 2006 10:12, "Eric \"ManxPower\" Wieling" <eric at fnords.org>
wrote:
> Doug Crompton wrote:
> > Ok well I am not crazy! This seems like such an important issue I am
> > not sure why it has lasted for so long. DTMF is the backbone of
> > everything we do here. Without it we would not have calls!! At least
> > get the DTMF stuff right. I feel a little guilty complaining since
> > this is free but it is also used in some high level demanding
> > situations (not mine) and thus is not a trivial issue.
>
> In my experience, PSTN DTMF problems are usually a volume issue.  Play
> with the receive and transmit gains on the SIPura FXO port.
>
> Of course when doing SIP you need your DTMF mode (RFC2833 is what I
> recommend) correct before you start trying to fix the PSTN DTMF issues.

Hi guys. I've just read through this thread and am a bit confused. Is this
DTMF issue related only to using Sipura/Linksys ATAs with Asterisk, or
does it pertain to every device that connects to Asterisk, including
FXS/FXO PCI cards?

Cheers,
-- Nick
e: nick.hoffman at altcall.com
p: +61 7 5591 3588
f: +61 7 5591 6588

If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us and do not make any
use of the email.  We do not waive any privilege, confidentiality or
copyright associated with it.