[Asterisk-Users] Vonage and FXO

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Tue Jun 6 14:00:23 MST 2006

I have an SPA-3000 that I was going to experiment with by connecting it
to various FXS ata's I have here. I am open to using a pci card or
anything that provides good results. The general scheme for incoming is
as follows:

1) Disable the call waiting feature for the ata number and connect it to
asterisk using FXO hardware.

2) Config the primary number to call forrward on busy to a another
number that asterisk can service via sip or iax. If that number is a
vonage softphone the forwarded calls are free(in network) and you get 2
more channels. That gives you the capability of 3 total incoming
channels and you get caller ID with name. Using a vonage softphone means
you don't need the unlimited plan on the primary number.