[Asterisk-Users] Re: syslog server

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jun 6 13:47:10 MST 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 03:48:03PM -0400, Matthew Warren wrote:

> "hmmm... I am a huge fan of syslog-ng, but the stock syslog on your *
> system should work well..."
> How do configure this on the asterisk box for the phone and how do you
> access it? will you be limited to the 2,000 lines of code.  The 2,000 lines
> goes way to quick.

It's not part of Asterisk. It's a standard package with practically any
OS Asterisk can be installed on. What OS/distro do you use?

For the standard linux sysklogd (and the original BSD syslogd, I believe),
you basically need to add the parameter -r to its command line.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com