[Asterisk-Users] wav49 size for a 3 minute voicemail

Woodoo People .pGa! wpeople at Shadow.microsystem.hu
Tue Jun 6 12:10:38 MST 2006

> Hi, I tried to find a reference in terms of size but got back a bunch
> of tech documents and couldn't get the idea of wav49 format.
>
> wav49 format is supposed to be half the size of a normal wav right?
> so, how much disk space takes to save one minute of audio in wav49?
> I trying to do some capacity planning for a voicemail server.
in my experience, it's 1 mbyte/10minutes of call
--
WoodOO-[P]an[G]alaktikan[A]gent-People <][> http://shadow.pganet.com
wpeople at shadow.pganet.com]iCQ#33118021[wpeople.on.iRCNet]wpeople at RedHat.users