[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk exit on startup

Nathan Bell nathanb at actarg.com
Tue Jun 6 09:10:17 MST 2006

I'm having a problem with a new installation of asterisk 1.2.5 with a
digium dual port T1 (span 1 connected to an outside line, and span 2
connected to a CAC access bank I channel bank with 24 fxs ports). When I
start Asterisk (either from safe_asterisk or asterisk -vvvc) it will
immediately exit after it initializes. It will start the logger,
register applications and functions, register all 48 channels, load all
the .so modules, and then exit.

The logs complain about not having dundi.conf and iax.conf, but as I
will not be using dundi or iax at the moment, I don't see why it should
need those particular conf files and not others (like sip.conf and
manager.conf).

If anyone has experienced a similar problem, or can point me in the
correct direction to get rolling, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Here's all the log files I'm currently using (all in /etc/asterisk
except zaptel.conf):
--- zaptel.conf ---
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxoks=1-24
fxsls=25-48
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

--- zapata.conf ---
[channels]
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
transfer=yes
echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes
immediate=no

; span 1 (outside T1)
context=incoming
signalling=fxo_ks
channel => 1-24

; span 2 (internal fxs ports)
context=internal
signalling=fxs_ls
channel => 25-48

--- logger.conf ---
[general]

[logfiles]
verbose_log => verbose
messages => notice,warning,error
debug => debug
all_log => debug,notice,verbose,warning

--- extensions.conf ---
; test context for internal analog phones
[internal]
exten => _X.,1,Playback(demo-thanks)

; test context for incoming T1 calls
[incoming]